HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sutera Damansara @ Sri Damansara/Sg.Buloh - by OSK Property
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ting88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me whether Sutera Damansara considered as as “guarded and gated community” gated? or just guarded community?

The reason why I confused is because:

a) For some of the advertisements in newspaper or magazines, they market this project as “a 100-acre gated and guarded exclusive residential development”. (.://..iproperty.com.my/developments/developmentreview.aspx?pid=1260 )

b) Some of the web pages only stated as “a 40ha gated development”. ( .://..malaysiapropertynews.com/2009/04/osk-property-plans-launches-this-year.html )

c) When you refer to OSK website, they only stated that, it is only a “gurded community” (.://..oskproperties.com.my/media02.html )

So, which is which?

Anyone know????
elmo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is just guarded. there is no DMC involved. OSK collects up front 2 years of security fee, (this part onwards is my own understanding) after that it's up to residents to continue or stop. however, during purchase time, there is a security services legal agreement which buyers need to sign.

it is gated/guarded in a sense that there are perimeter fencing all around, and there is only 1 entry/exit.

is this related to the recent highlight in thestar? Smile

also, if you are asking this as a potential buyer, obviously the best person who can answer you is the developer themselves, so go drop by or call them up and ask them for a firm answer. Smile

ting88 wrote:
Can someone tell me whether Sutera Damansara considered as as “guarded and gated community” gated? or just guarded community?

The reason why I confused is because:

a) For some of the advertisements in newspaper or magazines, they market this project as “a 100-acre gated and guarded exclusive residential development”. (.://..iproperty.com.my/developments/developmentreview.aspx?pid=1260 )

b) Some of the web pages only stated as “a 40ha gated development”. ( .://..malaysiapropertynews.com/2009/04/osk-property-plans-launches-this-year.html )

c) When you refer to OSK website, they only stated that, it is only a “gurded community” (.://..oskproperties.com.my/media02.html )

So, which is which?

Anyone know????

leekahsing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My view is that, this is OSK marketing gimmick and cheap sales trick.

To protect themselves from any legal issue in future, they put in “guarded” in their website.

When advertised, they used both “guarded and gated”...attract more sales

In essence, it is only “guarded”.
thomaslch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally ... bought a unit - RIA II Smile after so many days consideration! Smile
tantart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomaslch wrote:
Finally ... bought a unit - RIA II Smile after so many days consideration! Smile

welcome aboard future neughbour Smile
thomaslch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tantart wrote:
thomaslch wrote:

welcome aboard future neughbour Smile

Who else my neighbor Smile
leekahsing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info Sharing:

The Selangor Housing and Property Board in its latest “Guidelines for Development of Gated Community Scheme (Guarded and Gated Community)” defines “guarded” as an enclave that is provided with security services with or without a guard house and has no physical barriers.

The pre-requisites for development of Guarded Concept in Selangor are as below:
1. Application to be made by residents’ development association and developer (for new development), existing housing scheme requires consent from at least 85% of the residents
2. Guard house - only guard house allowed, the size allowed is 6ft x 8ft or other sizes deemed suitable by the Local Authority & written approval from the PTD/Local Authority is needed
3. Barrier - Operation time allowed is from 12.00 pm to 6.00 am, should not block vehicles from entering that particular area & authorities have the right to enter at any time
4. Fencing - Perimeter fencing is strictly prohibited

Keyword : "Perimeter fencing is strictly prohibited".

I would suggest you all better check with sales people.
elmo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi leekahsing,

Very good info - where did you get this? here?
.://..rehda.com/bulletin/08/bulletin-0802.pdf

Anyway, this is a new development, and there is only single entry and exit to the houses. So I would think that the existence of the perimeter fencing is not such a big issue for SD.

If they are going to follow this law strictly to the letter, there are many existing housing areas which already do not follow them as they have erected perimeter fencing and even close off public roads, as highlighted in thestar recently. I've seen housing areas with public roads sealed, fencing erected all over. By right they are all illegal, but at the same time, as you can read from the PDF above, the authorities can 'turn a blind eye' if there are no major complains from people.

The other choice for a high security housing area with legal perimeter fencing would be to go for gated communities, but correct me if I'm wrong - gated communities would be strata title communities, which means the public area INSIDE the gated community is under the developer/property management company, NOT under local council. A popular example would be condominiums. For homes that are built as gated communities, the maintenance fee will be astronomical as limited number of homes need to be paying the upkeep of all common area. Condos are easier as the number of units are generally much much higher than landed. Based on the guidelines I read, I don't think it will be possible to have a freehold/leasehold house with gated community concept.

Anyway, there has been a lot of debate on this guarded housing areas. Some existing areas have it and there are supporters and opposers. As I've mentioned before, for Sutera Damansara, people who buy these homes would WANT the security/perimeter fencing, so I don't foresee any issues with home owners complaining about these. For existing homes, the challenge is there as there are bound to be people who disagree with fencing up their homes and blocking off roads but I don't see this issue with Sutera Damansara.

Of course if the authorities suddenly decide to go by the book, then ALL guarded communities in Selangor will be in trouble, not only Sutera Damansara.

Hopefully they will revise the laws in the future!

leekahsing wrote:
Info Sharing:

The Selangor Housing and Property Board in its latest “Guidelines for Development of Gated Community Scheme (Guarded and Gated Community)” defines “guarded” as an enclave that is provided with security services with or without a guard house and has no physical barriers.

The pre-requisites for development of Guarded Concept in Selangor are as below:
1. Application to be made by residents’ development association and developer (for new development), existing housing scheme requires consent from at least 85% of the residents
2. Guard house - only guard house allowed, the size allowed is 6ft x 8ft or other sizes deemed suitable by the Local Authority & written approval from the PTD/Local Authority is needed
3. Barrier - Operation time allowed is from 12.00 pm to 6.00 am, should not block vehicles from entering that particular area & authorities have the right to enter at any time
4. Fencing - Perimeter fencing is strictly prohibited

Keyword : "Perimeter fencing is strictly prohibited".

I would suggest you all better check with sales people.

thomaslch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010.
lanchiau89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there still any units left at this project? interested to see a landed property.. cos my parents told me landed property for capital appreciation and non-landed for rental yield..
thomaslch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if not mistaken only 1 left and you can register for next phase .... you can visit the site for more information
hasmizie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomaslch wrote:
if not mistaken only 1 left and you can register for next phase .... you can visit the site for more information

can buy my house if interested Smile but only will sell upon completion next year. My unit is phase 1. I visited the house during the weekend. Found the door frame is very lousy type. they use 4 pieces of plywood as a frame.
tantart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasmizie wrote:
thomaslch wrote:

can buy my house if interested Smile but only will sell upon completion next year. My unit is phase 1. I visited the house during the weekend. Found the door frame is very lousy type. they use 4 pieces of plywood as a frame.

yeah i also cant believe tat..even setia alam and bandar kinrara uses the steel door frame...very smooth n align...mine even senget abit...really cheapskate...paid over half a mil for a selfmade plywood door frame..is totally ridiculous
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tantart wrote:
hasmizie wrote:
thomaslch wrote:

yeah i also cant believe tat..even setia alam and bandar kinrara uses the steel door frame...very smooth n align...mine even senget abit...really cheapskate...paid over half a mil for a selfmade plywood door frame..is totally ridiculous

But BK metal door frames also prone to rust & chip off especially when exposed to high moisture! Got to paint it every now & then. Laughing
ting88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of now, OSK has yet to hand over the key to those buyers in Phase 1A.

Best way is to make official complaint to their senior management immediately after VP. No point just discuss it in this forum, they won’t response to you all.

Develop Details:
Contact: Gerard Tan (COO), Stanley Wong (Snr Mgr) or Ezwan (AM)
Company: Country Wheels Sdn Bhd / Semponia Sdn Bhd / OSK Property Holdings Berhad
Address: 16th floor, Plaza OSK, Jalan Ampang 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2161 3322
Email: feedback@oskproperties.com.my

But I think it should be okay if you all write to them now to highlight the problem in your unit so that they can repair those defect areas (type of fencing, distance from house, door frame, wall quality & etc).

Agree?
thomaslch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGREE! But if stated in S&P then no point we argue then ...
hasmizie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ting88 wrote:
As of now, OSK has yet to hand over the key to those buyers in Phase 1A.

Best way is to make official complaint to their senior management immediately after VP. No point just discuss it in this forum, they won’t response to you all.

Develop Details:
Contact: Gerard Tan (COO), Stanley Wong (Snr Mgr) or Ezwan (AM)
Company: Country Wheels Sdn Bhd / Semponia Sdn Bhd / OSK Property Holdings Berhad
Address: 16th floor, Plaza OSK, Jalan Ampang 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2161 3322
Email: feedback@oskproperties.com.my

But I think it should be okay if you all write to them now to highlight the problem in your unit so that they can repair those defect areas (type of fencing, distance from house, door frame, wall quality & etc).

Agree?

This is very good. I will write to them very soon.

Anyway spoken to Andrew (Site office rep) just now. Phase II only left one unit itmd for RM566k.

Phase III is going to be launched very soon at starting price RM578k.
Yeeha!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasmizie wrote:

This is very good. I will write to them very soon.

Anyway spoken to Andrew (Site office rep) just now. Phase II only left one unit itmd for RM566k.

Phase III is going to be launched very soon at starting price RM578k.

Wow, another 22k increment? I am sure they throw in more freebies/promotion then...
leekahsing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more, “Perimeter fencing is strictly prohibited
.://..nst.com.my/articles/2dtck/Article/art_print

So you all still believe OSK will put in security fencing?
matyahya

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Friends,

Friendly Advice for Buyers: Very Happy

1. The traffic jam at the exit of Damansara Damai is extremely bad recently, especially from 7.00am to 8.30am. Twisted Evil
2. If the access road to Sri Damansara is not open, I can’t imagine what will happen 1-2 years later when people start moving in to Sutera Damansara.
3. Before you buy your new house, try it out yourself and see with your own eyes. Rolling Eyes
elmo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leekahsing,

Yes, perimeter fencing is strictly prohibited by (current) laws.
But take a look at existing housing areas and you will see perimeter fencing built.
Sutera Damansara is a new property, with perimeter fencing part of the sales package.

If they will not put in the fencing, then buyers will take it up with them. And even if they won't built the fencing, the house owners can form the RA and built the fencing. What's important is the layout of the housing area is 'fencing' friendly, i.e. single entry/exit. If you have multiple entry/exit, then it is very difficult to put fencing and control in/out.

If you are potential buyer, but don't have trust in this, then probably this is not the property for you Smile Mah Sing has just launched Perdana Residence 2 or something like that in Selayang. That is GATED & GUARDED, STRATA TITLE. Starting price RM800+k, 3 storey 3000sf.

Good luck and hope you find a suitable property!! Smile

leekahsing wrote:
One more, “Perimeter fencing is strictly prohibited
.://..nst.com.my/articles/2dtck/Article/art_print

So you all still believe OSK will put in security fencing?

elmo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matyahya,

New here? Very good advice.

1. Yes, traffic jam is extremely bad. I also know LDP/Jalan Kuching is crazy jam packed in this hour. I believe that people living in these areas expect this and work around it. If house owners do not want any jam place, probably Work/Study/Stay in Cyberjaya or Nilai or <insert-kampung-name> is something worthwhile to think.

2. We shall all find out what happens in 1-2 years' time. No one can predict the future. Certainly not you, and not me. MKLand has launched a new Condo called ONE DAMANSARA in Damansara Damai. I heard 899 units. Damansara Damai is done for, surely will be jam from 6am to 10am by 2015 (ONE DAMANSARA is completing in 2014). But I am not a fortune teller or one of the characters from Heroes or Merlin, so I may be very wrong.

3. I think many people have done that. It will be really unwise to buy a house without knowing the surroundings.

So are you a potential buyer? or a buyer already?

matyahya wrote:
Hi, Friends,

Friendly Advice for Buyers: Very Happy

1. The traffic jam at the exit of Damansara Damai is extremely bad recently, especially from 7.00am to 8.30am. Twisted Evil
2. If the access road to Sri Damansara is not open, I can’t imagine what will happen 1-2 years later when people start moving in to Sutera Damansara.
3. Before you buy your new house, try it out yourself and see with your own eyes. Rolling Eyes

yeehs18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice reasoning elmo. Anyway, google around the One Damansara but not quite clear on its exact location. Seems beside the Sg.buloh toll.

Went to sale office few weeks ago and the sales were good. I guess many still bought because for upgrade to landed yet not near the million ringgit mark so within budget range. If the area matured, i think it is highly probable the sri damansara link will have to be openned for traffic easing. For fencing it is a sure thing or else OSK is screwed, lol.
hasmizie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes nowadays it is quite pack in the morning. Im not sure why. I just want to take the exit from D.Damai and go for the Sg. Buloh toll. What I observed is the jam is causing by a long Q lane due to traffic lights for the car who needs to turn right and go to kepong / LDP area.

I am one of the owner for phase 1 and currently stay in Park Avenue. Anyway, I get used to this "traffic" in D.Damai. Stayed in D.Damai since 2001.
s_wflee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, staying in Armanee and buyer of phase 1. To me, the traffic is manageable. I go out at 8.25am but managed to arrive damansara uptown by 9am.

Abt, future.... I think the entire Klang Valley is facing the same problem if you need to drive to work in either PJ or KL. Jam.. jam.. jam.. all the way... sigh!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 10 of 30

Jump to: